Thursday, October 21, 2010

ArdentChrome

I don't think I will ever get over how very dim some of these online daters are.  A 33 year old guy going by the screen name ArdentChrome contacted me via Plenty of Fish.  His opening e-mail to me posed the question; "What is your favorite color?" and nothing more.  I responded, and his return e-mail asked about my favorite bands, ok, this is pretty basic get to know you stuff.  His next e-mail posed the question; "I see you work retail, are you in management?  It says you have an associates degree, and I just don't know what kind of job that can get you.".  Yeah, thanks doofus... I can see insulting strangers is a hobby of yours.  This turned me off big time (not to mention that his pic looked like a 19 year old computer nerd who never leaves his basement).  I ignored this question, deciding I didn't need to get to know anyone who questioned my job and education.  He didn't give up, and sent me an e-mail the next day.  "I was wondering if you'd like to go out sometime? I think we have a lot in common and you seem really cool".  Perhaps he was feeling bad about his previous comment, I don't know.  I won't be finding out.

No comments:

Post a Comment