Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Nothing Juicy

So, it had been well over a year since the last time I went on a real date.  Needless to say this one held some high expectations.  Not only did I hope it went well, but everyone I know was waiting with baited breath to hear how it went.  Imagine my disappointment that there really was nothing to report.  I met Allan on Match.com a few weeks ago.  He'd contacted me first, and since he seemed harmless I swapped e-mails with him for a few days.  We moved on to texting, and he faithfully sent me a text every night around 9pm for the past week.  Now he is a very nice guy.  He has a job, all his teeth (I assume real), a car, and he's a bowler like me.  He went on about how he "sucks" at bowling, but never the less pointing out that his average was higher than mine.  Is that an insult or not, I'm not sure.. Anyway, one of his parting comments to me was "go bowl a 200 game tonight".  So, what do I do?  I got darn close and bowled my personal best game yet.. a 192.  I sent him a text to let him know.  I got nothing, perhaps I crushed his ego?  Who knows.  At least the food was good and he picked up the tab for lunch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment